High-Quality Dental Implants in Damascus, MD
Damascus Dental Group’s Premium Dental Implants
If you or a loved one are missing any teeth, you may want to consider implants. Damascus, MD residents enjoy implants because they are designed to match the look of your natural teeth and serve as replacement tooth roots. If you have lost a tooth because of tooth decay, a failed root canal, gum disease, or natural wear and tear, dental implants provide a permanent solution. They offer several advantages over other tooth replacement options. Whether you need one tooth or a whole set of teeth replaced, our Damascus, MD dental implants get the job done. Damascus Dental Group can help. Read more to learn more about dental implants at our Damascus, MD dental center, and contact us today.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are tooth replacement appliances that mimic the structure and function of a natural tooth and its root. As such, dental implants each have two components: the implant, which imitates the tooth root, and a false tooth – or “crown” – that sits on top of the implant. Damascus, MD residents use this mechanism to restore their smile and eating capabilities. Implants are made of strong, durable titanium, which fuses to the jawbone over time. They’re as durable – and even stronger – than natural teeth. Our Damascus, MD dental practice and laboratory uses 3D technology, so they fit your mouth precisely. They’re then fixed on top of the dental implants. Because they’re so realistic-looking, dental implants often go unnoticed by most residents. They are also designed to handle all of the wear and tear that natural teeth endure. The aesthetic and functional benefits are why Damascus, MD patients choose implants each day.
How Do Implants Help Damascus, MD Residents?
Dental implants are durable, fully functional, and natural-looking, making them the most popular tooth replacement method on the market. More permanent and functional than dentures, stronger than crown and bridge systems, and virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth, dental implants in Damascus, MD has many advantages over other tooth replacements alternatives. The benefits of installing dental implants include:
- Improved appearance
- Enhanced comfort
- Ability to enjoy pain-free eating
- No alteration of natural teeth required
- The durability of the implant
- No adhesives required
- Permanent – the implant does not need to be removed
How Our Damascus, MD Dentists Install Dental Implants
Dental implants require surgery to be placed correctly in the mouth. At Damascus Dental Group, we take great care to educate our patients and ensure that our surgical procedures are performed with the highest level of precision and attention to detail. After meeting with our dental team for an in-depth consultation and deciding that dental implants are the right choice for you, you will be ready to schedule an appointment with our staff for surgery at our office.
It’s essential to follow the preparatory instructions given by our surgeon in the days and weeks leading up to surgery. Our Damascus, MD dental implant experts perform several steps before, during, and after the procedure:
- Administer a local or general anesthetic (depending on the severity of the operation) to eliminate any pain.
- During the first procedure, our surgical team removes any remnants of your remaining tooth or teeth and inserts the implants.
- Once the procedure is complete, we secure temporary pontics to the top of your implants. You will need to wear these for approximately two to three months while your implants fuse to your jawbone.
- Once fusion has occurred, you’ll return to our office for a second procedure. Much less intensive than the first surgery, this procedure involves the removal of the temporary pontics and the attachment of your new permanent teeth.
- To ensure that everything is going well with your new teeth, we will schedule a follow-up appointment with you in six months to a year.
Contact Us Today for Dental Implants in Damascus, MD
When it comes to permanent tooth replacement, there are few better choices than dental implants. Damascus, MD residents trust Maryland’s top dental implant practice: Damascus Dental Group. When it comes to implants, there is no better choice than our team here at Damascus Dental Group. We are the right choice for dental implants and several other dental services in Damascus, MD due to our friendly, professional, and highly-experienced staff. Learn more about dental implants and contact our Damascus, MD dental implant specialists today.