Benefits of General Dentistry in Damascus
Good dental health sets the stage for not only a beautiful smile, but a healthy body as well. Together with your daily oral care routine, visits to your dentist help to maintain your teeth and address any problems that do occur. Damascus Dental Group is pleased to offer complete family dentistry in Damascus, including checkups and dental cleanings, braces, wisdom teeth removal, veneers, and dental implants.
The Benefits of Regular Dental Checkups
Regular checkups with your dentist in Damascus are simply the best way to maintain your teeth and gums. Good oral health lays the foundation for better overall health, reducing your risks for developing heart disease and diabetes. Biannual checkups and cleanings from your family dentist
- evaluate the efficacy of your daily oral hygiene habits, allowing your dentist to make suggestions or offer advice on changing your routine for better dental health.
- provide a professional cleaning for your teeth, which eliminates tartar that cannot be removed by brushing and flossing at home.
- use X-rays and a careful inspection of your teeth or gums to identify problems so small that you might not have noticed them yourself.
- include an exam for oral cancer, a serious but very treatable form of cancer your dentist can spot easily.
Talking to Your General Dentist
Your dentist in Damascus is a valuable resource at your disposal when it comes to maintaining a healthy and confident smile. Knowing how to talk to your dentist will ensure you get the information you need to feel comfortable about your teeth and the treatments available to you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions during your dental appointment—your dentist or dental staff will be happy to explain how each treatment works, what you can expect, and whether it’s right for you.
- Similarly, if you have questions about your daily routine at home or the products you use, your dental staff can offer advice and suggestions based on your personal dental health.
- If you have tooth sensitivity during any part of your checkup and cleaning, let your dentist know—he can adjust his instruments so you will feel more comfortable.
- Talk to your dentist about your general health, as pregnancy and some health conditions, such as diabetes, can also affect the short- and long-term health of your teeth and gums.
Damascus Dental Group will work with you to achieve better dental health for your entire family. We accept most insurance plans and even offer flexible payment options so you can enjoy the top-quality dental care you need for a smile you’ll love. You can reach us today by calling (301) 253-2174 to schedule a checkup, cleaning, or cosmetic dentistry evaluation.